Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Summertime Fruit Experiment

This summer I decided (actually backed my way in--inch by inch) to see how a high carb (fruit) low fat vegan diet would serve me. I was already vegan--but eating lots of fatty desserts I homemade myself--energy bars with dried fruits and lots of nuts and seeds.  I also had unlimited (vegan) fats-- avocados, olives, and oils, etc. But now I would be getting my calories from carbs (fruit) instead of the fatty fruits, nuts and oils.
Well, it was slow going at first getting used to less fat and all the sweet going into my mouth in the form of fresh fruit all day. But I felt light and had good energy and a clear mind most of the day until the detox set in. Not only is fruit is very cleansing, being the most nutritious per calorie source of carbs on the planet, raw food in general is also very cleansing.. It seems my organs of elimination, mainly the liver, couldn't keep up with all those toxins going into my blood circulation for removal. So I wasn't feeling so cool at that point.

Since I had been on a cleansing routine for several years, I decided to initiate one aspect of that--which was a coffee enema--and voila, my detox symptoms vanished completely.  Even beyond that, I was feeling more excellent than I could even describe here as has been after every coffee enema I've ever done.  This quote highlights the improved well-being felt:
"In fact, many...patients have reported a dramatic increase in energy and improved outlook after a coffee enema, presumably because of the elimination of toxins from the bloodstream, cells, and liver.  The procedure appears to calm and soothe the nervous system, dispelling nausea, irritability, lethargy, lack of appetite, and sometimes even severe pain." (from OPTIONS - The Alternative Cancer Therapy Book (1993) by Richard Walters).


I eat mostly raw foods (80%).  I have been allowing for low fat cooked carbs--rice, potatoes etc., with my salad and other cooked veggies for dinner. This keeps the total detox for the day at a reasonably comfortable level.  Still this is a healing, cleansing diet.  While I'm not sittting back pigging out on unhealthy food choices all day, I am pushing my body to a new and healthier level--not a walk in the park but not excruciatingly painful either.

So along with daily, vigorous exercse--I like to run--to keep my circulation peaked and functioning optimally--I feel good.  I don't feel deprived at all (except for when I choose to have the evening cooked food meal to slow down toxin elimination--and some days I can go totally raw, comfortably).
I would prefer to be 100% "living foods" because I know how I've felt previously  when I've done that for a period of time.  But I have to work with the detox, and know when it comes on strong, it's an indication that not only do we live in a very toxic world these days but that also I've more than likely made many less than wise dietary and lifestyle choices in my life, depositing many toxins in the place I live 24/7--my body.  So I take this healthy lifestyle at a pace I can live with and still make substantial changes in my quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment