Monday, March 19, 2012

Go Forward

Can I borrow some of your faith
for a while so I can move ahead
in my life?
I would even be willing to trade
you ALL of my FEAR in exchange--
I'm generous that way and plus
I've got plenty.
In my dreams? Oh, O.K.

If you are low on faith funds
indebtedness is not a way to go.
Life prefers cash on
the barrel head, in fact,
there is no other way.

If you're
accomplishing things, give
yourself credit for getting
to where you are
from where you were.

Faith + action builds confidence.
Huh? You knew that, right?

Fear pales a bit more
each time you step into
the arena. And it may be
like a muscle that gets built
with use--probably anybody
can build it no matter where
you start from.

It's nice to kick start your life
with inspiration but barring that,
just start.

Faith will probably
tag along after a while.


Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment