"There is nothing either
good or bad but
thinking makes it so"
Shakespeare said.
Are we happy
with our serving
in the soup line?
Or do we need
a bigger bowl?
Or swear off
soup altogether
and find
new nourishment
elsewhere?
At least now
the sense
of limited
negative thinking
my mind so often
flabbily
engages in
when I'm confronted
with a challenge
is more apparent.
I can do no
sit-ups a day,
or one
or two
or I can vow
to get into shape
no matter
what it takes.
Starting from
where I am now
I can be weak
or strong
look good or not
and feel good
about what I do
working with my
body and mind
pushing back that
imposition of limitation
a bit more everyday
until I feel unlimited
in what I can
do
be
and accomplish.
My mind can be
in my camp now
if I choose--
an ally
in my
heart's success.
Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment