Monday, February 27, 2012

A Time for Everything and Everything in its Time

I like to think I'm "on time"
with my life
as if there was a schedule
I was supposed to follow.
No, that's not it.
Yet a nagging doubt
pesters my consciousness
way too often
that "I'm late"--
late for my life
as if it were a meeting
I had to attend,
somewhere somewhen.
Doing or being--
which holds more weight,
more value for you?
Does a day of "being"
equate to a day of "doing"?
I tried to push the river
(back up hill!) today.
Even downhill,
pushing doesn't work.
You wear yourself out
when you could be going
with the flow--letting the
river carry you along,
gracefully.
Today was predominately
being--filling the coffers
replenishing, gassing up.
Tomorrow may be a travel day.
All in good time as they say.
I am enough, I do enough,
I have enough, is a good
affirmation for me!!


Copyright © 2012 by Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment