Thursday, July 19, 2012

Expect the Unexpected

My days are filled with varied experiences.
No two alike. What I expect is usually
interrupted by a chance occurrence
synchronistically coming to my aid in
one way or another.
So planning is almost out of the question.
Being in the moment is much more useful
and pertinent to my life. If I focus
on feelings, planning may have a place
in my life. There are lots of feelings
that would be acceptable. So I could be "off"
and be surprised by a feeling I didn't expect
but which at the same time I'd like to experience.
But if I ask for something so specific that
getting close wouldn't count, then I'm usually
asking for disappointment, especially if I had
my heart set on getting that particular
manifestation and it fell through.
So...there are lots of ways to fulfill my
needs and being open to a stroke of grace
intervening to help me to choose happiness
more easily is a point of view I want to
cultivate more often.
I see things as coming along just at "the
right time" that I need and can use them. Now
that's just me. Other people may not look at
it that way, but my life is kind of taking on
that effortless quality of that happening so
often to not notice it and say or think to myself
"how convenient".
So the adventurous quality of my days are
somewhat fun. I never know what to expect.
Life is keeping me primed to be flexible and
willing to change paths in the middle of the stream
so speak.
I may even go so far as to say I encourage these
curve balls life throws at me--just to keep things
interesting!! I'm being taught that what I want
and how it is are more out of my control than
I may like. It used to be I could depend on certain
things occurring in the future with more sureness
than happens nowadays. Too much fluidity and rapid
change in the world these days is making planning
more obsolete than it ever was.
I kind of like getting used to these foiled plans
of mice and men falling through because ultimately
man's adaptation to grow and evolve is dependent on
all the chaos the world entertains daily.
So expect what you want but be willing to collect
rain checks when mother nature has a bad hair day.




Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates





No comments:

Post a Comment