Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Today's Joy is Tomorrow's Karma

Patience.  The process is supposed
to be fun.  Even a fly could tell me that.
After running around my kitchen with
a jar at dinnertime trying to catch him,
when I was finish with the dishes,
he flew over to the sliding door,
I opened it, and he flew out.

I see promise ahead.
I even feel certainty,
which is hard to come by
these days--for me at least.

So if it probably is
going to happen anyway,
sooner or later,
if I keep to the plan,
why not sooner than later?

I could be much more helpful
to the universe healed
than wounded and
fairly out of commission
in many areas.

Kindergarten still usually takes
a full year.
If we could manifest instantly,
we'd better be darned
pure of heart
because one errant thought
inadvertently manifested
could very well vaporize
the planet
and all the people on it.
Just a little wild imagining there-
but still possible.

I'm glad to see the horizon
more clearly.
It's usually shrouded in fog.
The tunnel even
seems to have a way out
even though
it's still dark where I am.

So enjoying
the growing pains
of the moment
seems to be
the prescription
of the day.

I always come out
the other side
of whatever
I'm enmeshed in
anyway, eventually. 

So buckle in
and enjoy the ride.
Let all the feelings
wash through you--
--hold onto nothing
there's lots more
where those came
from
so make room
for the joy.



Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates









No comments:

Post a Comment