The day trudges on
sometimes lightly
sometimes heavily
winding around
dark corners
thick wooded forests
encompassing my experience
at once I emerge into
the light! of Day!
All of a sudden the
fog-shrouded night
or seeming night
of the dark forest
makes way to the
light of day!
I see once again
pretty clearly
a little ahead
and for sure where
my feet are planted
on the ground right
now.
Are they in stone? Am I
a statue or in a
pair of running
shoes ready to break
into a sprint or
even marathon
effortless effort to
accomplish my next
goal?
Actually, I let it all
unfold at its natural
pace.
I am just the administrator
making tweaks here and
there as felt or "needed".
The path goes on pretty much
the same as its been
new territory is rather seldom
encountered.
Not the way I want or the
way it should be really,
I think. Exploring new
vistas and lands I've
never seen before is more
my style and suits me better.
I am willing to adapt,
solve new problems to
get to where I'm going which
is most times actually, but
usually, at least, hidden from
me because where I "think"
I'm going is usually not
where I end up when I get
there.
All the while following the
string back out of the cave
I've buried myself in
of old stodgy concepts needing
to be shed that don't and
never did serve me and
are constantly in the way
of an efficient, alive, happy
fulfilling and functioning
life of liberty and freedom.
I might take a lunch along this trek
It could be a while til I reach
my or a destination, a
stopping, resting point--
a place to actually stay awhile
that I feel fits me like a comfort-
able glove, so nourishment will
keep me fueled to prance on
in my narrow sometimes way-
want more and more often to
take off the narrow, constricting
blinders that preserve the "ruttedness"
of my life and provide a sense
of false comfort in repetition of
familiarity. B-O-R-I-N-G.
Let's get on with the action!
Rest is prime or action is not
possible--sooner or later the
organism collapses upon itself like
an imploding star with a
black hole left in one's existence
for them to deal with.
A trek, a trip, a mountain of hopes
and gorges to cross life is always
interesting in that way if
not always "easy" and same.
The universe has seen fit to
so far, give me yet another day
to build my Lincoln log house
the way I see it in my creative
imagination or just whatever
way suits me in the moment.
Yay Day!
Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment