Monday, April 2, 2012

I am Glad I am Who I am

Something wanted to come
forth from me and this is
the form it's taking.
I've been having this
new feeling of self-liking,
approval, unconditionally
for who I am, what I do
or don't do. It's showed
itself before in brief
flashes of insight
that indeed
I can trust myself--
all the crazy ideas and
wild imaginings are just
an adventurers' mind
thinking of the possibilities,
and acting on some of them.
This new awareness of self
acceptance could not be
conjured up by a thousand
magicians. It's
as if I've walked
into another room and
without any effort on my
part the lights have
automatically gone on.
Thank God.
It's hard to fight with
yourself and come out
winners everyday!
And if I look back
I can probably see the
results of a changed
life, now.


Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment