Wednesday, May 2, 2012

But...not all the Time

I love to write
but not all the time.
I love to run
but not all the time.
I love to surf the internet
I love to do coffee enemas
I love to eat mangoes
I love to sleep grounded
but not...all the time.
When someone asks me
what I love to do
I have the same reply--
whatever I say to them
...but not all the time.
So I guess I"m going to have
to make up my own job
so I can do what I want
when I want
with as much freedom
as I can marshall for myself.
Other people's wants for me
may not be my wants.
So I guess I'm going to
have to divest myself
of their demands
and strike out on my own.
Ohhhh..scary? or
ooohh..challenging!
I get to pick
my opportunities--
heaven forbid
I would be untrue to myself--
after all
I have to live
with the results of my actions.
If I am attracting anything less
than a joyful experience
into my life,
I get to change it.
I get to take the risks.
I get to listen
to my inner guidance.
I get to take credit
for succeeding--
not so much in the
outer world
but in the inner
satisfaction of doing
something meaningful
to me well.
Ah, the blessed freedom
of life's open book
to be written in in
any way I choose
but not
yes, you got it
...all the time.



Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates







No comments:

Post a Comment