Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hitting the Target

I have been giving the universe
ultimatums. Well, deadlines.  
Short deadlines
for what I want...guess what?
twice I did that and twice
my intention came back
unfilled by the deadline.
Hmmm, let's see now, Plan B?
Longer deadlines
or change my intention?
I must say having
an intention in mind
when an opportunity
presented itself,
encouraged me to choose
taking a step or two
in its direction
I would have otherwise 
passed up  
not as a priority
for the effort
extended.
Short deadlines
may be fun
to work with
just to clarify
if what I
say I want
is really  
what I want
or not.
They may
enhance
taking a shot
at something
that may seem
way out of range
but isn't
I find out
until I pull
the trigger
and let fly
a volley
hitting the target 
dead center.


Copyright © 2013 by Gary Frates


No comments:

Post a Comment