Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Days Come and Days Go

So what if I mess up a blog post.  I want to write what I want to write whether other people want to read it or not.

That first sentence was probably enough to move you on to another page.  That's ok.  I am writing this for me, and If I post it, for you.  My days, when I think back to them, are as varied as a week.  In the morning things happen and then afternoon comes and into the evening seems like another day.

Well, I stay up so late sometimes, it seems like I'm starting another day but it's just my way of winding down, doing things later at night until I can feel sleepy enough to hit the sack.

I made juice today.  I love juice, green juice with sweet fruits to make it taste good.
The fatigue I feel right now is not commensurate with the amount of energy I put forward today, I don't think.  I even had an hour nap.

My body seems stretched in many directions at once. From all the activities in my life right now.  Its summer, for God's sake.  I'm supposed to be taking it easy to recuperate for the next school year.  That's what most sane teachers do--take the summer to reevaluate all that went on during the year that definitely will not go on the next year.

I feel impoverished of spirit a lot from doing a job that doesn't totally satisfy me.  My spirit is saying we're hungry down here give us something fun to chew on; its dull and boring doing what you're doing when the whole world is open to you to explore and use your gifts and talents at things that satisfy you and turn you on.

I've cheated my spirit out of the fun it so deserves before, and so unhappy was it that it demanded that I take total time off and do just what's fun no matter if I starve to death or not.  It and I was so happy I was able to pay back that debt.  It's no fun to owe somebody something for a long period of time and not or not be able to pay them back.
Not fun at all.

So where am I going with all this??  If I knew, you'd know. I don't plan, I just explore where my mind goes and write it down.  Ideas come.

I really don't like the weakness and fatigue I feel all the time.  I want to work out more but don't.  I won't make excuses.  I think there's a way.  I just have to find it.  Exercise is very fun to do--I didn't say easy--fun.

Overall my digestion is improving and the times that I do feel full power flowing through me are really supercharged. Months ago, I would have not felt this way. I was crippling to get through each day most times.

What else do I have to say before I shut this down for the night?
Life is so enjoyable in these evening hours just typing away with/at my thoughts and possibly sharing them with a broader audience.

Well this is going to be a different post than what I normally do.  Now let me
go back and read it and see if I want to share intimate details about my life with people I hardly know.


Copyright © 2013 Gary Frates
Photograph © Dennis Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment