If you're going to fall, fall forward, I guess.
You pick yourself up, dust off and continue.
I kind of like rules in a way, if I'm strong
enough to follow them. Guilt can presumably
be avoided if you follow all the rules
/commandments, flawlessly, forever. Does that
leave anybody out? I'm out. (Thrown out at first)
At least you know where you stand if "you're doing
the right thing" by being "good" and "fitting in", trying
to please so you don't ruffle feathers or rock boats.
I do like the freedom to risk making my own rules
at times, though, when I'm feeling brave. Restrictions
always seem to me, like a stop sign on a trafficless road.
Look both ways before running it--if you have to.
Too bad I got a quite a bit of guilt programmed into
my pea brain way back when. It's all got to be undone,
if I'm going to move forward unhampered by trying
not to break all the conflicting rules I've ever learned.
Or, I could start chiseling out my own 10 commandments
or throw all of it
out and trust myself to make the wisest
decisions for myself and my happiness thus affecting all
others with the same good feelings as I have staying true
to me.
Copyright © 2013 Gary Frates
Photo © Dennis Frates

No comments:
Post a Comment