Thursday, July 18, 2013

Unexpected Possibilities

If it were up to me
to predict my future
my crystal ball would
have to have
a lot more polishing.
I'm convinced that
forcing my way through
situations is not my
preferred way to proceed.
So without the needed
energy, motivation, drive &
desire to get some things
accomplished I needed to
do, I could easily say that
as much as I need and want
to do these things today, I
don't feel I have what it
takes to get them done.
So I go into default rest mode.
Rest and recuperation mode.
The universe looks out for me
but doesn't always inform me
of what's going on and how it's
managing its devious ways.
So I pass through my usual
everyday rest mode and come
out of the other side like
I just did an energetic walk-
through of my whole life
and here I am at my present
age, feeling I passed through
a time warp and I wake up in
2013, my energy being restored.
I think I can do the next thing
on my list.
I usually feel better from resting
but this was such a contrast from
black to white, not going
through any gray areas at all.
Like I arose from the grave and
was granted a second chance at
at life, not just any life but here,
fully present and functioning
pretty much on all cylinders firing
at once life.
So to ask me if I could get the things
I needed and wanted to do today done
you wouldn't want to ask me for a
reliable answer of what was not only
possible but very probable, given my
rejuvenated condition all pivoting on
a simple resting procedure I do
normally everyday, but today I struck
pay dirt!
Before that happened, I really could not
see that a divine intervention--a seeming
"miracle" to me--could change things
around so drastically and affect the rest
of my day so profoundly.
I think I'm going to try to open myself
up to unusually miraculous events
manifesting into my life just because I'm
deciding to leave a space for the
unexplainably unknown to enrich and
fuel-inject my path and passion in life
forward to success and fulfillment
and accomplishment beyond my wildest
expectations.



Copyright © 2013 Gary Frates
Photograph © Dennis Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment