Monday, August 20, 2012

Following my Heart

Went to bed last night following my heart.
Same with this morning--got up following
my heart.
My heart is leading me fearlessly--mostly
in a direction of love.
Some anxiety wants to interfere but
I just brush it off and keep going--
loving what I'm doing
trying to leave rules and shoulds
and less than good ideas behind,
falling by the wayside, as I be or do
what I like to be or do.
The universe will tempt me in the future,
possibly, to choose something I would
rather not do out of fear of the consequences
of not doing it.
The stronger I stay true to myself and
what I'm loving to do in the moment
the stronger and more reinforced this
feeling of love will grow inside of me
and the more of a force for love I will
be in the world.
I like myself when I'm acting this way
and if I succumb to fear and give up
the faith that I have, and am developing
in the universe's support for me, even
unconsciously, I am affecting a wide range
of aspects I am connected to in my life.
And I am connected to everything, some
things maybe I have a stronger influence
on because of my proximity to them
but energetically, I believe, I am affecting
the whole of creation by the choices I make
to feel happy doing what I'm doing--or not
doing--just being can be peaceful and feeling
more centered and calm and unpressured from
the constant nudging to be busy and do
and accomplish so many things that I can
think of to do when I have energy to spend--
which maybe aren't necessary to really get
done just because they're close and
relatively easy to do.
This renewed inspiration to follow my heart
is a welcomed and grateful addition to my
daily repertoire of daily moves in this chess
game called life.


© 2012 Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment