Why am I not informed
about what I'm putting
into my future?
It seems I'm the last to know.
Sometimes, when I look back,
I can see the subtle
maneuvering of the pieces
of my life for an "attack"
on the day(s) ahead.
The rook and the knight
form an alliance, an
agreement, to share
responsibility for the
outcome of the battle.
Life shouldn't be so hard
or be viewed in that way--
"a battle"?
I want to let life come to me.
With open arms I will welcome it
instead of trying to club it to death
and drag it back to my cave.
But I set things in motion--
not set in stone--but unless
something completely unexpected
comes out of right field or
left field, I'm pretty much
sticking to what I
wanted to experience that
coming day or days.
But I'm really not very aware
of this whole process, yet I feel
I have to take responsibility
for it, as pretty much my creation.
Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment