Thursday, June 21, 2012

fun humor and laughter

the day's dawn
begins a new
chance
at living a life
free from
yesterday's sorrows
pains disappointments

we may have wished for
circumstances seemingly
beyond our control
or else why wouldn't
we have had them

a woman who I wanted
to hug, attractive and
wanting closer contact
a better look
seemingly overpowered
surrendering reluctantly
to a greater strength
skill yet wondering how
coming out of the corner
off the ropes I could have
bounced back into
my own
taking control
once again

I wish I knew
my heart

and what it wanted

so often all that is
hidden from me

once I get what I think
I wanted I find out
that wasn't it
I actually knew it wasn't from
prior experiences which
didn't work out so well either

is the path that hard that
I can't see it and even if
I did why wouldn't I just
step on it and start walking

in the right direction

time to walk down
a different street

fun, humor and
laughter blvd



Copyright  © 2012 Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment