So fleeting often are the feelings
we experience but as long as it's
still mostly here I'll just say
that "I feel like a million bucks".
I think I first heard that from my
father and so I've been tapping into
that level of feeling of well-being
fairly frequently over the recent
months and maybe the last year
or so. I used to never
get to feeling that good--
once in a great, great while, maybe.
This morning I actually stated:
"I feel like a 'billion' bucks!"
(I gave myself a raise:)--
these days a million
isn't what it used to be
when I was growing up.
So a little while ago,
I stated:
"I feel like a million bucks"--
still feeling good
but down from the billion
I was experiencing this morning.
I think I can tie these
euphoric-type,"high" feelings
to certain activities--
usually right after them.
They blip up and then come
down into a more normal
sustained level.
I would like to drop
the money analogy though
we're so materially oriented
in this society.
But I haven't thought
of a substitute yet--
kind of going on
the old programming still.
Happy that my moods are
peppered with these great
feelings, though. I don't
remember feeling this
consistently good over an extended
period of time
for no particular reason
(didn't hit the lottery, didn't
get engaged, get a raise, etc.)
I must be doing something right
even though from my side
I'm still looking to make
some big moves, changes
in my life--
like as soon as I'm ready.
It seems like I'm ready but
if I really was I'd have
what I wanted so I guess
I'm not quite there yet.
--the universe's timing is
always "perfect"--right?
how could it be otherwise?
but my impatient self
doesn't see it that way.
It "wants what It wants,
when It wants it"
trying to trump
the universe's wisdom.
Good to have things
to reach for...
Copyright © 2012 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment