Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Riding my Bike

If I was sleepy, I woudn't write this.
But I'm not so I am.
I rode my bike this evening.
So joyful over some of the
same route I usually run--so
much work--running--so easy
bike riding.  I get to see everything.
Houses, signs, people, animals,
trees--oh, I see them when I
run but their more of a blur.
I'm more concerned where I'm
placing my foot than sight-seeing.
Nevertheless there's now a place
for both of those activities in my
life esp. since it's summer and the
rain has disappeared virtually from
this season.
My bike was getting to be clutter
anchored on my porch deck in one
place for pretty much 5 years.
I didn't realize one of the criteria for
the definition of clutter is: unused-- if
you ain't usin' it, its clogging up your
living space that could be taken up
by something you DO use and love.
So it was either get rid of it or use it.
I don't feel I build my conditioning as
fast as with running because I go slower
than I could like if I was racing, but
like I said the overall purpose is
somewhat different.  And it's better
than internet surfing since I do a lot more
of that than ride my bike.
I think I'm starting to wind down and
get sleepy ergo, end of writing.  Writers,
bike riders, bloggers need their sleep, too.


Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment