Full steam ahead
I think as
I sit here waiting
to get into gear.
My body isn't
used to sudden heat
changes as this weather
the last couple of days
presents.
A warm bath is something
else. At least you get out
after a time.
I like to swim and frolick
about in any available clean,
natural water on such warm
summer-like days.
The wind lately has taken
a toll on my skin.
I live in a mild climate.
I don't know how I'd fare
in a harsher environment.
I'm speculating giving up
some of the temperature
advantages for beauty and
cleaner air to breathe, though.
I guess if I sent my
list in early to Santa,
maybe, just maaaybe,
I wouldn't have to wait
all year to be worthy enough
by my good behavior (who's
naughty or nice?) to
get all the goodies stored
and promised to be delivered
from the North Pole
or wherever
the source of it all is.
© 2013 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment