Monday, April 1, 2013

Let's Explore!


A new month
sandwiched
in between
3 and 5-
a 4 month-
can be
a new
beginning.

Uncertainty
is a certainty
in my life.

If I can
accept that then
I'm back again
to having certainty
in my life!

I can always
depend on
the unknown
to surprise me-
even on the
other 364 days
that are not 
my birthday!

I'm almost ready
to give up
sameness
and comfortable
familiarity
just because
it may be easier
and I can operate
on autopilot.

But then,
where's the fun?
Where's the
newness
of exploration
of all the
unknowns
I can know?

I'm not arguing
for making things
difficult.
Easy does it
can work
just as well
even better
than struggle.

So, innocently
and childlike,
easily weave
your way
through the forest
of uncertain
delights and joys
you didn't know
were coming
your way.



Copyright 2013 Gary Frates







No comments:

Post a Comment