Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Eye Of The Beholder

I have found that I have a mental alphabetical file
from a-z of excuses for whatever I want to get
out of.
Simple as that.
Now if I started putting some of that Yankee
Ingenuity for excuses into something positive
and productive, then I would have something.
Just a little switch of focus--a tweak of attitude
a tweak of perception and I'm home free.
Of course I would have to face that image I
have of myself and be willing to see the side
that others see, that I'm basically blind to.
The good side. The positive side.  When people
of premier perception weed out and show me
the appreciative parts, I am stunned most times
that they could find something that I judged as
being not quite up to par, or in need of more
editing--endless makeovers never ever making
the grade in my own mind of--you guessed it--
perfection.  There is such a word. We use it
often.  What it means is anyone's guess.
Probably there is no such thing and it just boils
down to it's in the eye of the beholder.  Some
like it and some don't.


© 2013 Gary Frates

No comments:

Post a Comment