Sunday, May 19, 2013
On Our Way Home
Head for the hills!
Not too much
flat ground
was covered.
Should I rejoice going uphill
or downhill?
As both have their merits
and I am allowed
to choose my preference.
Flat would have been
nice, too.
Like a fish swimming
with its mouth wide open,
you take what comes in
and maybe spit out the bones,
or not!
A new garden
variety of flowers,
I inhaled the aroma
of their scented sweetness,
wandering, sniffing
aphrodisiac-like qualities
to a heady height
of consciousness,
basking in their essence,
incorporating them
into mine.
We shared the best
of both worlds
taking away more than
the sum of our parts,
forever changed,
as if we ever stood still,
just sometimes moving
a little faster and further
than others.
Are we going somewhere?
Change implies that.
Then where?
The river takes us
all the way to the ocean
if we hold on
and have patience.
Other times
we pool in a lake
pausing peacefully still
on our journey toward
our source.
© 2013 Gary Frates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment