It seems I've lived a lifetime in the past seven days
not the week it's masquerading as.
Shot like a star out of the cosmos,
I landed back on earth after a brief sojourn
in outer space--mostly between my ears.
Living connected by my feet to terra firma,
with my head on a trip to the heavens and beyond,
I experienced alternate realities while still trying
to remain centered and grounded on this third rock
distance from the source of all life as we know it,
our closest star, the Sun.
I'm still in flux, wondering where I'll eventually land.
I'm primed to move on. As good as life is, it's not what
I want.
Not even close.
Security is called into question when large leaps are
in the mix. The human condition. Guess I qualify.
But I'd rather drop all the fear and anxiety for a pinch,
or a bucketful, of faith that things will work out listening
to and following my heart.
Still, it's usually a matter of step-by-step movement
toward something new and exciting and better.
I'd rather shape shift into my "new self" ready to take on
whatever's waiting for my transformation complete and
packaged, but things rarely happen that dramatically, yet
I'm open to that kind of a "moving on" experience--like
"engage" on Star Trek, only I'm still in my shoes here on
earth. Next time you see me you wouldn't know me
as I was, and you'd say, "What happened to you?" while
I'd explain "engage" and my rocket-powered shoes.
Copyright © 2013 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment