My mother always wanted me to relate some of the things that happened with the kids at school. Because I didn't always voluntarily share, she'd ask. I'd have to think a bit but I could always go back a few days or weeks and come up with something only a little kid could say or do (and get away with).
They'd happen all the time--something you'd want to send in to Reader's Digest--and sometimes I'd repeat a few to co-workers because they were so good that even another teacher who hears these things often would appreciate--but if I didn't write them down, they would leave me.
So now I feel it will be worth to take the time to jot some of these anecdotes or lines down to share with others--like when I get enough chicken bones in my freezer, I haul 'em all out and make a soup or broth for the soul (and body), I can do that with the things I observe or the stories I hear when teaching.
Kids are the original writers and artists and speakers. Innocently, they say it like it is or how they see it. They don't usually need embellishments to make a their point or get their message across.
They're definitely refreshing to interact with--which I appreciate all the more, as I have not raised any of my own. I'm sort of "borrowing" others' kids to be around and hang out with at times.
Copyright © 2013 Gary Frates
No comments:
Post a Comment